September is “Hunger Action Month” from GBFB and Feeding America.
We need your help throughout the month of September to help us raise awareness about the issue of hunger in our community.
During the month of September, The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) and the Feeding America network will raise awareness about hunger and we’re asking you to join us during this nationwide month of action.
You can Choose to end hunger by donating, fundraising, volunteering, learning about hunger in your community, or advocating for food assistance.
- Raise awareness about hunger on social media. Share your pictures, stories, and calls to action on platforms like Twitter and Facebook. Check out the weekly themes below! As part of MAND, let us know via social media what you and/or your company may be doing this month to participate and be sure to tag us!
- Tag @Gr8BosFoodBank and use the hashtags #HungerActionMonth, #EndHungerHere, and/or #EveryActionCounts so we can amplify your posts! Be sure to tag #eatrightma as well 🙂
- Wear orange, the national color of hunger, on Hunger Action Day (Friday, September 17) and post a selfie. Boston landmarks will be lit orange that day as well!
- Donate- https://www.gbfb.org/hungeractionmonth/
- Volunteer- https://www.bostoncares.org/gbfb
Have you thought about posting to the blog, but don’t know what you could contribute?
At MAND we welcome anything from recipes, your personal update, interesting research articles (almost a mini lit review), pictures from events, podcasts people have been listening to, etc. Just include any resources. Make sure to include your very favorite photo!
Send us an email: email@example.com.
Please note we check this email about 1-2 times each week. We receive many submissions, but will do our best to reply to each request.
Disclaimer of Liability: The Massachusetts Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Blog strives to provide evidence-based nutrition information. Nothing on this website, its associated blog, or any social media channels should be considered advice or diagnosis. The content is for educational purposes only and not a substitute for personal, professional medical care or diagnosis. MAND does not endorse any products or services mentioned. You are urged to consult your primary care provider regarding any health condition or issue. MAND is not responsible for the content or claims of third party websites or providers.